|Size||5 liters average|
|Weight||1.3 kg average|
- They are a replacement for organic organs.
- The exact size and dimensions of the lungs are tailored to match the physical characteristics of the recipient.
Cybernetic lungs are paired battery-powered devices that function as a powerful oxygen / carbon dioxide cycling system.
- The internal battery is extremely compact and has a very long life, typically measured in decades.
The various parts of the lungs, including elements such as the casing, microelectronics, gas exchange systems, and arterial connections are made with biocompatible materials. These may include metal alloys, carbon nanotubes, silicon gels, and layered polymers.
Cybernetic lungs can be fitted with modifications:
- Integral Filter / Respirator: filters and scrubbers may be implanted in the character's lungs which allow breathing of tainted atmosphere without harmful effects. Early versions rely on extensive pre-lung filters, typically installed within the nasal cavity: individuals with this version have to blow their noses regularly to clear the filters.
- Automatic Gill: gill implants allow the individual to extract oxygen from water.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Cybernetics Mongoose Publishing 2011, pg 52.
- Fire, Fusion, & Steel, Game Designers Workshop 1994, pg 82.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science