|Size||0.4 liters average|
|Weight||0.3 kg average|
- It is a replacement for an organic internal organ.
- The exact size and dimensions of the heart are tailored to match the physical characteristics of the recipient.
A full battery-powered cybernetic heart designed to pump blood around the body. The device renders the individual immune to coronary disease and heart attacks.
- The heart's internal battery is extremely compact and has a very long life, typically measured in decades.
The various parts of the heart, including elements such as the casing, microelectronics, and aortal connections, are made with biocompatible materials. These may include metal alloys, carbon nanotubes, silicon gels, and layered polymers.
An early example of a cybernetic heart enhancement is the TL-5 pacemaker, used to treat coronary arrhythmias.
The cybernetic heart may not be upgraded.
- Armor: the heart may not be fitted with armor.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Cybernetics Mongoose Publishing 2011, pg 52.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science