The Curtain Nebula is a large dim group of gases and dark clouds with a length of around 7 parsecs coreward-rimward and a mean thickness of around 1 parsec.
- It is classified as a reflection nebula and is primarily formed of ionized gases, thrown off by the star lying to spinward of it many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen, with the remainder made up of helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 102–106 particles/cm³. Its central regions are relatively denser.
A blue bright giant star lying a little over a parsec to spinward was its source:
CN1-a Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks CN1-a Primary White A5 II None
Hex Location: 0225 Coro Sector. 0 Gas Giants.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science