|Army size (BEs)||100|
|World Trade Number||2.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||5,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to incrementally rise barring outside forces. The world will grow even quicker when its industrial sector begins to develop. It is a member of Darrian Confederation in the Darrian Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. Less than 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Aslan. 90% of the world's population is the Minor Human Race Daryen.
|Army size (BEs)||200|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,418|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||12,350|
|Port passengers (annual)||25,000|
Era: New Era
Cunnonic is an garden world with an environment conducive to most sophonts. The system hosts a population between 100 thousand and 10 million sophonts. It is a member of Darrian Confederation in the Darrian Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships. Less than 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Aslan. 90% of the world's population is the Minor Human Race Daryen.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Cunnonic's climate is cool but tolerable. Its many volcanoes are violently active on the average of at least once a year and cause earthquakes and tsunamis. By far the biggest obstacle to colonization was the presence of hostile native life. Large predators of several types ranged the one large continent, and poisonous trappers were common in the archipelagos. Much smaller herbivores ruined many crops before effective deterrents for them were found. All in all, a very Earth like planet for a people who had lived on a tame planet like Darrian to conquer.
Cunnonic Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Cunnonic Primary Primary Orange K0 V
History & Background (Dossier)
One of the less hospitable worlds which Darrian settlers colonized. Perhaps because so many of the colonists were Solomani (who were used to such worlds), the planet's government split into eight factions. A higher tech level would be possible if these various factions would cooperate (especially on their starport), but that seems unlikely. Fortunately, these various groups rarely resort to outright warfare to settle their differences.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc W. Miller, Robert Parker, Nancy Parker, Matt Renner. Darrians (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 22,32.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 44.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 50.
- External Link: Mark Seeman's Library Data Website
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science