Description / Specifications
The loss of even a single vessel represented a disproportionate loss to the Last Armada and to Terran culture as a whole.
- The name is a misnomer - ships were lost individually, and it is unlikely that any major vessels that fell behind operated together, let alone functioned as an extant fleet. The concept, however, is comforting.
A number of vessels are known to have fallen behind:
- Multiple Scouts
- At least 3x Armored Cruisers
- At least 6x Fast Escorts
- At least 1x Fleet Tender
- At least 2x Frontier Tankers
History & Background
Possible Human Settlement
The ships of the Cripple Fleet had healthy and viable crews and carried settlers and pioneers in long-term cold sleep, large numbers of Artificial Gestation Units, vast banks of embryos, and substantial quantities of supplies. It would be very unfortunate if all were lost without being able to settle one or more worlds. To date, none of these supposed lost settlements have made any form of contact.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science