Conventional Pattern Starship
Conventional Pattern Starship: A designation applied to starships within the Distant Fringe region: vessels fitted with standard inbuilt fuel tankage.
Conventional pattern starships typically carry adequate internal fuel to perform one jump and to support the power plant for approximately four weeks. Long range starships, conversely, carry additional onboard fuel reserves. Ships fitted with drop-tanks or collapsible fuel tanks are referred to as x-range vessels.
Conventional vessels are the most efficient in terms of revenue generated per ton of displacement - more of their internal space can be used as cargo storage.
- Most commercial starships are constructed as conventional pattern vessels.
- See also Distant Fringe Class A Starports, Ships of the Distant Fringe.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science