Combination locks work by a nested series of notched disks are rotated by a numbered disk to point where a tumbler falls into each notch. These locks depend upon the large number of possible combinations for security. These are also available as padlocks.
Selected Lock Types
- Biometric Electronic Lock
- Combination Lock
- Keypad Electronic Lock
- Magnetic Electronic Lock
- Metabolic Electronic Lock
- Tumbler Lock
Combination locks come of age in TL:4-6. Industrial technology makes combination locks ubiquitous items in the age by the same name. They gradually give way to more sophisticated electronic devices in most consumer markets.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 60.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 44,46.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science