|Primary||K2 V M8 V|
|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,157|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||2,200|
|Port passengers (annual)||99,500|
Colada is a rich and agricultural production world with a shirt-sleeve atmosphere and a balance of available surface water. The system supports a population in the millions of sophonts, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Sword Worlds.
- This world has a nearby Sword Worlds Naval Base for support of military starships.
- This world supports a Sword Worlds Military Base for military ground forces.
|Army Size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||5,830|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||497,600|
Era: New Era
Colada is a rich and agricultural production world with a shirt-sleeve atmosphere and a balance of available surface water. The system supports a population in the millions of sophonts, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. Government control of this world is by an external military force. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships.
- This world hosts a Regency Military Base, Supporting military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
Colada Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks "Rodrigo" Primary Orange K2 V "Bivar" Secondary Red M8 V
Colada has two stars, the primary Rodrigo and its companion Bivar. Colada orbits at a distance of 0.73 AU. Colada has a single small moon, Minaya. The capital city is Foernyelseborg, located on the eastern coast of the small continent Hjalmaren. The world's starport is located several kilometers north of Foernyelseborg.
History & Background (Dossier)
Colada contains vast pastures given over to the rearing of beef cattle. The population is thinly spread about the planet.
Colada is a member of the Sword Worlds Confederation and was once one of the most important worlds in the subsector. Colada was part of the Triple Dominion, but a civil war in 212 erupted into a nuclear exchange that devastated both the planet's population as well as its environment, with the effects continuing to linger almost a thousand years later, resulting in its Amber Zone classification.
Colada's most prized export is its elite mercenary force, The Champion's Guard. This force numbers 50,000 and is available in whole or part to anyone willing to pay. Stoedel Base is a large military base just north of Foernyelseborg, used as a training facility for the Champion's Guard.
Colada has a good quality starport.
- A Class B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- It is a government by agencies employing individuals selected for their expertise.
- The typical power source of this government is an Oligarchy.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Unitary State.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 45.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 69.TBD. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 69.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science