A Cluster Hull is a kind of ship structure, fuselage, chassis, or hull.
A Cluster Hull is an accumulation of various ship components and connectors. It is an unstreamlined hull that is often considered to the least expensive of all hull options. It is unsuited for high acceleration and not intended for most world landings. It must use shuttles or other kinds of interface craft to interface with the surface installations of planets with atmospheres. Highports or other kinds of space stations are often highly desirable trade destinations.
CBPUSAL Function Designation Streamlining Spectrum
- C. Cluster. An accumulation of compartments.
- B. Braced Cluster. Structured for higher acceleration.
- P. Planetoid. A hollowed nickel-iron asteroid.
- U. Unstreamlined. Protrusions increase drag.
- S. Streamlined. Cowlings and fairings decrease drag.
- A. Airframe. Winged for performance in atmosphere.
- L. Lifting Body. Radically streamlined lifting-surfaces.
No information yet available.
Selected Craft Using Cluster Hulls
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 332.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science