Clan (SM 1103) (world)
|Army Size (BEs)||150|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||13,820|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,035,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||213,000|
Clan had a tainted atmosphere and limited access to surface water, making it poorly suited to sophont habitation. The system has a population in the hundreds of millions, and suited to being a industrial worlds. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Zhodani Consulate in the Jewell Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Province of Iadr Nsobl.
- This world has a nearby Zhodani Naval Base for support of military starships.
- This world supports a Zhodani Military Base for military ground forces.
|Army Size (BEs)||1500|
|World Trade Number||5.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||109,060|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,494,999|
|Port passengers (annual)||35,100|
Era: New Era
Iefi is a industrial, high-population hellworld with a billion or more sophonts, who struggle in an inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes even hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item. The world has a colony on Foelen (Spinward Marches 1401). It is a member of Zhodani Consulate in the Jewell Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Province of Iadr Nsobl.
- This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships.
- This world hosts a Zhodani Military Base, Supporting military ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The planet has a warm climate and a standard oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere tainted by suspended debris due to the world's dry nature. Clan is sometimes called the gateway to the Riverland Cluster, and all ships entering the system are subject to Zhodani naval escorts. Clan contains a heavily fortified Zhodani naval base that forms part of the Riverland Wall defensive line.
Clan (SM 1103) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Clan (SM 1103) Primary Orange K8 V
1103 Clan (Zhodani)
Starport: Class IV - Naval Base.
Diameter: 6,465 miles (10,300 km).
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen, tainted by suspending debris due to the world's dry nature.
Government: Impersonal bureaucracy (funded by the Consulate Postal Service).
Control Level: 5.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 5.
History & Background (Dossier)
In the Zhodani Consulate this world was named Iefi.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 37.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 58.
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science