Chieftain Grav Combat Vehicle
|Armament||Royal Ordnance Works FP252 Fusion Cannon, Coaxial VRF Gauss Weapon|
Chieftain Basic Grav Tank Profile
Chieftain Basic Grav Tank Profile TL Designation Name Tank Class Mass Primary User Main Armament/s Secondary Armament/s Mobility Mode Armor Class Primary Manufacturer Date of Introduction TL-12 Classified Chieftain Grav Combat Vehicle Main Battle Tank (MBT) 200 tons Principality of Caledon FP252 Fusion Cannon Coaxial VRF Gauss Weapon 0800kph Gravitic Flight Classified Principality of Caledon Classified
The Chieftain carries a crew of three - commander, gunner and "driver" - and an infantry squad of seven.
The Chieftain is divided into four compartments:
- Control Compartment, where the "driver" and commander operate the vehicle, surrounded by vehicle controls and fully configurable holographic situational awareness tools.
- Gun Compartment, where the "Gunner" operates the FP252 Fusion cannon and coaxial VRF Gauss Gun.
- Equipment compartment, below the Gun Compartment, holding the power plant and fusion capacitors.
- Passenger Compartment, for the seven passengers, their acceleration couches, and their miscellaneous gear.
Variant designs include:
- Recovery - Gun Compartment replaced with an Operator Station; Passenger compartment replaced with Grav Tractor allowing vehicle to extract and "tow" vehicles up to and including Chieftain-sized in a variety of gravitic environments.
- Command - Gun and Passenger compartments replaced with space for command staff, their acceleration couches, and signals and situational awareness equipment.
The Chieftain chassis is also the basis for the "Curate" family of Close Support vehicles.
Strategy & Doctrine
Caledonian Chieftain Grav/Mech Doctrine
The mission of the Chieftain is as follows:
- In the attack - Carry an infantry squad in position to seize or destroy the enemy's position quickly enough to choose the time and place of battle, with enough protection to ensure they get there ready to fight, and with enough firepower to assist them in destroying the opposition.
- In the defense - To enable an Infantry squad to conduct an effective mobile defense and return, quickly and with immense ferocity, to the counterattack.
History & Background (Dossier)