- They are more commonly thought of as Octopuses and related aquatic creatures.
- It is a type of lifeform.
- It is a classification of creature type.
A Cephalopodoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- It is poikilothermic (its internal temperature matches its surroundings).
- It is made up of a body, a head and a foot.
- It has a ring of arms or tentacles, formed from the foot, that surrounds the head.
- It has a shell, either internal or external.
- It has a chitinous or bony beak.
No information yet available.
Specific Species Examples
Octopuses, squids, and nautiluses are the best known members of this species on Terra. Squid and octopi have internal shells, while that of the nautilus is external.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science