|No. of Worlds||212|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 97%|
|Secondary Control||Lords of the High Realm (LoHR) - 3%|
|Province||Where The Stars End|
|Gross Sector Product||BCrTBD|
|Imperial Coordinate||-14 / -12|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Description
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 Sector Summary
- 5 History & Background
- 6 References & Contributors / Sources
A sector located to coreward-trailing of the Distant Fringe proper. It is dominated by The Cauldron, a huge and spectacular reflection nebula. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program.
The following astrographic features can be found within Cauldron Sector:
Clusters & Traces
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 25 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Cauldron Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 75 parsecs to spinward-rimward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Cauldron Sector.
No information yet available.
No capitals have been designated.
No polity officially exists within Cauldron Sector.
- It is claimed that the Lords of the High Realm, a strange and brutal lost settlement descended from the crews and passengers of lost Last Armada vessels, exists along the border with Kataran Sector. No official contact has been made with this state and many claim that it is fictional, a product of the imaginations of the survivors of the Dillard-Purcell Expedition of the late 53rd century.
No information yet available.
- Harad Subsector Subsector I of Cauldron Sector.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
History & Background
Very little information about Cauldron Sector is available and it is considered to be an unpopulated and totally undeveloped wilderness. The only starfaring sophonts thought to have been active in the sector since the Last Armada travelled through the region more than three millennia ago was the Dillard-Purcell Expedition of the late 53rd century.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Cauldron Sector is named.
- Dark Age: unaffected. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: unaffected.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: unaffected.
- Present Day: data for Cauldron Sector is published in the DSP Listing.
Major Historical Events
Although its exact route is unknown, the Last Armada almost certainly travelled across Cauldron Sector some time prior to 2255AD as it fled the Destruction of Terra and the pursuing Vilani. The Zelig Journal notes that one or more vessels of the Armada journeyed towards The Cauldron nebula.
- 2255AD Cauldron Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science