|Primary||F7 V M0 V M4 V|
|Army size (BEs)||150|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,911|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||70,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||178,300|
Caladbolg has an ideal environment for producing agricultural goods and an balanced population between 10 and 100 million. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Caladbolg, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a baron and a minor duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
|Army size (BEs)||1500|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||19,732|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||100,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||1,553,940|
Era: New Era
Caladbolg is a rich world with a shirt-sleeve atmosphere and a balance of available surface water. The system supports a population in the 100's of millions, which makes it too urbanized to make an agricultural world. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world is an Interface world, with a quarantine inspection facility for all ships.It also has a nearby Regency Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Caladbolg Sits near the center of the system's habitable zone and has an ideal climate for human habitation. Its atmosphere is pure and ecological legislation is strict.
Trinary Solar System
Caladbolg Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Caladbolg Primary Primary Yellow-White F7 V Caladbolg Companion Secondary Red M0 V Caladbolg Far Companion Tertiary Red M4 V
History & Background (Dossier)
The planet enjoys an active tourist trade and goes to great lengths to promote itself as a modern "Garden of Eden". Much of its economy depends on either the tourist trade or the vast farmlands which cover many portions of the world's surface.
Caladbolg, with a current population of roughly 70 million, was first colonized in -321. Over the centuries, the people of Caladbolg have developed an agricultural economy and supply important agricultural resources to many worlds in the Sword Worlds Subsector.
The citizens of Caladbolg are divided into 17 independent regions known as Colonies. Although there is a degree of competition between the Colonies, they have strong economic ties with each other and friction is minimal. There has never been a major war between them.
Planetary policy is established by the Colonial Congress which meets in an ongoing session in the jointly operated Camelot City, the planet's only major population center. This body regulates any disputes between the Colonies that cannot be independently resolved. The System Defense Fleet, composed of citizens from each of the Colonies, answers directly to the Congress.
In addition to providing a meeting place for the Congress, Camelot City is home to the world's only starport. Although this facility is small, it is a sophisticated, high-tech operation.
The System Defense Fleet's primary job is to defend Caladbolg from the asteroids in the Broken Stone belt. The Broken Stone belt is an unusually diffuse belt, with asteroids regularly crossing the orbit of Caladbolg and Caliburn (a world on an orbit inward of the belt).
Headquarters of the Order of the White Star.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baron.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial minor duke.
Caladbolg has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Caladbolg has a Balkanized government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 45.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 16 in Article: "Sword of Arthur"
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 17 in Article: "Psionic Knights"
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 70.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science