From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Byrni/The Borderland (Trojan Reach 2527)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the The Borderland Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The world has a distinguished military culture of duty and honor that reaches back centuries.
- The Sindalian Empire established Byrni as a naval depot to ward against raiders and barbarians from the trailing systems.
- The Knights of Byrni were considered the most loyal and honorable soldiers in the service of the Empire, and the world remained loyal to the Empire through the Long Night, right up until the Imperium recontacted Byrni in 329.
- The Byrni are considered honorable humans by the Aslan, and over a third of the Byrni population are members of the Hkaaiheir Clan.
- One of the chief Byrni occupations is pirate hunting, and the world been heavily invested in by the General Development Company, which supports this pursuit.