Bradley (Da 1822) (world)
|Primary||M3 V M3 V M9 V|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Bradley supports a population of fewer than 10,000 sophonts. This is a high technology world with available technology over the standards for Charted Space. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Pact Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Bradley, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships. During the Long Night this world was named Kiim Me.
Astrography and planetology
No information available.
Trinary Solar System
Bradley Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Bradley Primary Primary Red M3 V Bradley Companion Secondary Red M3 V Bradley Far Companion Tertiary Red M9 V
- System Name: Bradley
- System Location: Dagudashaag Sector / Pact Subsector K
- Travel Zone: Green (No Special Restrictions)
- Stellar Type: M3 V M3 V M9 V
- Gas Giants 3
- Asteroid Belts 0
- Allegiance: Imperial (Im)
- Bases Imperial Naval Base
- Main World Data
- Starport A: Excellent Facilities. Starship Shipyards. Refined Fuel. Class V
- Diameter: 5 Small (5200km)
- Atmosphere: 4 Thin (Tainted)
- Hydrographics: 6 Wet World (60%)
- Population: 2 800
- Government: 0 No Governmental Structure.
- Law Level: 0 No Law / Anarchy. GCR 0
- Tech Level: D Average Stellar (Molecular Computing) GTL 10
- Core Type Molten
- Density 0.9 Earths
- Mass 0.04 Earths
- Gravity 0.28 G
- Rotation Period 23 hours
- Orbital Period 204 days
- Axial Tilt 4 degrees
- Orbital Eccentricity 0.011
- Satellites 2
- Surface Pressure 0.494 atm
History and background
The Bradley system is the site of the Debeyer Imperial Naval Facility originally established to combat piracy on the Dagudashaag Main during the early years of the Third Imperium. Debeyer now functions as a small repair and supply base and also carries out research into new sensor and communicator systems in the 'noisy' electromagnetic environment near the far companion Basa; an M-dwarf binary. The Ushran corporation TerraTech LIC has approximately 100 staff insystem conducting an advanced terraforming experiment on the world itself.
The 694th BatRon, of the Imperial 209th Fleet occupies the Naval base. The main fleet base is located on the planet's outer moon. The majority of the population serve as contractors to provide logistical and support functions for the fleet elements stationed here.
Point of Interest: Bradley Barrier Anomaly
Its main claim to fame are the events of 993 which gave rise to the legend of the "Bradley Barrier". Late that year, the system's primary star SK-433677m, began producing an unusual, extremely regular sequence of flares. This lasted for two weeks and had no effect on stations in system as they were adequately shielded. It did, however, affect traffic arriving.
Of the four vessels which jumped in-system during that time, one emerged into normal space with extensive thermal damage, its crew critically ill from Jump sickness. Two others re-emerged as thousand-tonne slugs of molten metal. The only undamaged vessel was a naval transport.
The Navy attempted to cover up the incident but media agencies rapidly picked up on the story. Speculation was rife. Some reported that the injured crew claimed to have been attacked by “monsters in jumpspace”. The most popular theory was that the Navy had been testing an Ancient hyper spatial weapon, powered by the system’s primary star. The Navy kept a wary silence but eventually released a statement pointing out that all the affected ship's had been manufactured by GSbAG, which had reportedly been suffering reliability problems with jump drive integration at that time.
As of yet, the strange flare sequence has not recurred.
References and contributors
- Jae Campbell, Leighton Piper. "Library Data: Pact." Signal-GK 02 (1989): 61. via HIWG
- Marc Miller. First Survey (Imperium Games, 1996), 83.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 53.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy