From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Blagodarnoye/Kajaani (Vanguard Reaches 2924)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Blagodarnoye is a poor, nonindustrial world.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This world has few prospects for economic development.
- It is a member of the Kajaani Triumvirate in the Kajaani Subsector of Vanguard Reaches Sector.
- Some scholars believe that the name of the world is derived from a venerated Terran Slavic language meaning Gratitude.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
One of six worlds in the system.
Blagodarnoye Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Blagodarnoye Primary Orange K2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Blagodarnoye is a part of the Kajaani Triumvirate.
Blagodarnoye has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . (named but no further details)
- Classic Traveller Paranoia Press Vanguard Reaches (non-canon)
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 4: Zhodani (named but no further details)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- External Link: Gray Matter by Author & Contributor: Peter Gray of (Gray Matter)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science