Biometric Electronic Lock
|Biometric Electronic Lock|
Biometic scanners contain small sensors that recognize a specific body part or item generated by an individual. Specific examples are fingerprints or digit prints, recognizing distinctive markings on a specific digit. Iris scanners recognize the distinctive pattern of colors in the iris of an eye. Retinal scanner identify the distinctive pattern of blood vessels in the retina of the eye. Face scanners recognize the shape of a face using an camera and scanner. Voice print readers identify an individual by the distinctive tones of their voice, which requires the user to recite a specific short phrase.
Selected Lock Types
- Biometric Electronic Lock
- Combination Lock
- Keypad Electronic Lock
- Magnetic Electronic Lock
- Metabolic Electronic Lock
- Tumbler Lock
The first prototype biometric locks tend to be developed at the end of the TL:7-9 technological epoch. The technology doesn't really mature until TL:10-12. Early technology models can be fooled or otherwise mitigated with various technologies. By TL:13-15, the technology is incredibly difficult to defeat or bypass.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 60.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 44,46.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science