|The Beyond Sector|
|No. of Worlds||365|
|Majority Control||Corellian League - 20%|
|Secondary Control||Aslan Hierate - 16%|
|Tertiary Control||Federation of Garrone - 11%|
|Quaternary Control||Other - 53%|
|Gross Sector Product||BCr1,702,487|
|Imperial Coordinate||-5 / 0|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- Its relatively remote location is the only factor precluding greater attention from interstellar society.
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background
- The data for this non-canon version of the sector is located here: Beyond Sector/Paranoia Press.
- In 1981, the Classic Traveller Paranoia Press Beyond was published.
- In 1991, Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- In 1997, the Classic Traveller Paranoia Press Beyond underwent 1991 online updates by Chuck Kallenbach.
- As of Fall 2016, this sector is under construction and undergoing active development.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards, but it is not yet in final form.
The area is rich in trade and will most likely serve as an important traderoads for the expansion of interstellar society in the near future.
- Sophontologists have been flocking to the region for over a hundred years although there is much complaining that the Zhodani may have already picked the area clean.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Beyond||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
AKA Malikhar Crescent
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
Beyond Sector has been a distant backwater for most of its recent history.
Native Sophonts: 1105
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Terragens (Non-human Terran races)
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
- Solomani colonists fleeing hardship and chaos made their way across the Great Rift in a number of waves between -800 and -150, waves that included the seeds for the later Darrian and Sword World nations.
It was settled in four great waves:
- Garronean and...
After the rise of the Third Imperium, two more waves, Florian and Marrekeshite, added their numbers to the sector’s already diverse population.
- And in the 500s, Aslan Ihatei began settling the trail-rim corner of the sector. Despite its rich worlds and untapped resources, the sector was still rather isolated from the Imperial or Zhodani mainstreams, and most of the settlers had to rely upon their own devices for development. Only with the Aslan Ihatei invasions of the pre-Collapse period, and the Spinward Accords, did Beyond become even marginally important to the rest of Charted Space.
- Traditionally, the states of Beyond were non-aligned in the Imperium-Zhodani Consulate conflict. Privately most of the sectors Solomani descended inhabitants loathed the Zhodani, and often attacked Consulate shipping out of their own volition. The Imperium was respected but irrelevant to the political situation of the sector. The Aslan were either feared or respected, or both, as the local clans were (and still are) divided into warring factions most of the time.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1105
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- (-800 to -150): Major waves of Solomani immigrants arrive in Beyond Sector and put a human presence on the map.
- (589 to 1109): Frontier Wars
- A series of conflicts between the Third Imperium and Zhodani Consulate.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The main powers in the Sector are:
Two states that have clashed for centuries for political dominance over the sector, and the Aslan, who make up a trifecta of conflict and intrigue.
- The Regency is a distant power, whose main role is in keeping these powers from restarting their disastrous Pre-Collapse war that left much of the rimward part of the sector a ruin in places.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following polities can be found within this sector:
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Araniopan League (non-canon)
- Corellian Colonies (non-canon)
- Corellian League (non-canon)
- Die Weltbund
- Eslyat Magistracy
- Federation of Garrone (non-canon)
- Florian League
- I'Sred*Ni Protectorate
- Jarnac Pashalic
- Katanga Empire (non-canon)
- Ma'Gnar Primarchic
- Marrakesh Trade Association (non-canon)
- Nakris Confederation (non-canon)
- Union of Meizirn (non-canon)
- Other Powers
- Hsien Empire (past)
- Zhodani Consulate (Zhodani Powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1105
- Alleg: AsSc: "Aslan Hierate, multiple clans split control"
- Alleg: CAEM: "Comsentient Alliance, Eslyat Magistracy"
- Alleg: CAin: "Comsentient Alliance"
- Alleg: CsIm: "Client state, Third Imperium"
- Alleg: CsMP: "Client state, Ma'Gnar Primarchic"
- Alleg: DiWb: "Die Weltbund"
- Alleg: FlLe: "Florian League"
- Alleg: IHPr: "I'Sred*Ni Protectorate"
- Alleg: JaPa: "Jarnac Pashalic"
- Alleg: MaCl: "Mapepire Cluster"
- Alleg: MaPr: "Ma'Gnar Primarchic"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
- Alleg: NaVa: "Non-Aligned, Vargr-dominated"
- Alleg: NaXX: "Non-Aligned, unclaimed"
- Alleg: ZyCo: "Zydarian Codominion"
Imperial Territory: 1105
This sector is not an Imperial possession.
- 0.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 100.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
The following astrographic features and trade routes can be found within this area:
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Astrographic Phenomena
- Balkanized Space
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
This is an area of average to high stellar density.
Subsector Summary: 1105
The The Beyond sector has 459 worlds, of which 113 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 244 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 72 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 29 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 176 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds versus 17 Industrial (In) worlds. There are 59 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 56 Poor (Po) worlds. There are 22 Water (Wa) and Ocean (Oc) worlds, 13 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 16 Desert (De) worlds, 24 Asteroid (As) belts, and 49 Vacuum (Va) worlds. There are 36 High population (Hi) worlds versus 126 Low population (Lo) worlds and 17 Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 55 Naval bases in the sector, 68 Scout bases, and 20 Way stations. In The Beyond there are 3 race homeworlds. The highest population worlds are Mal'jlan (The Beyond 2512), and Nuit Alanche (The Beyond 2128). The highest tech level is E at Albazar (The Beyond 0332). The average technology level is 7 (with most between 3 and 10).
- The capital of Mapepire Cluster is at Mapepire Balsayn (The Beyond 0602).
- The capital of Ma'Gnar Primarchic is at Mal'gnar El (The Beyond 3002).
- The capital of Zydarian Codominium is at Zydar (The Beyond 0830).
- The capital of I'Sred*Ni Protectorate is at I'Sred*Nispr (The Beyond 2026).
World Listing: 1105
The following systems and worlds can be found within this sector:
Subsector Listing: 1105
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Mapepire
- Subsector B: Liberty Hall
- Subsector C: Die Weltbund
- Subsector D: Mal'Gnar Radiant
- Subsector E: Subsector Delta
- Subsector F: Metchi' Alagwa
- Subsector G: Northeast Middle Beyond
- Subsector H: Darkling Regions
- Subsector I: Zydar
- Subsector J: Middle Beyond
- Subsector K: I'Sred*Ni Heptad
- Subsector L: Araniopa
- Subsector M: Spinward Drift
- Subsector N: I-Glathriel
- Subsector O: Storm
- Subsector P: Aslani
Territorial Overview: 1105
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
|This article has Metadata|
|This article has two or more sources with conflicting information. Because the conflict has not been resolved, all sources are linked to this article.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Donald P. Rapp. Beyond (Paranoia Press, 1981), TBD. [1991 online updates by Chuck Kallenbach (canon)]
- Chuck Kallenbach. Vanguard Reaches (Paranoia Press, 1981), TBD. [1991 online updates by Chuck Kallenbach (canon)]
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dotmap provided)
- EXTERNAL LINK: TravellerMap T5SS Data
- EXTERNAL LINK: High Tortuga by Author & Contributor: Michael J. Maley AKA Darkhstarr
- EXTERNAL LINK: Beyond Library (defunct) by Author & Contributor: Peter Gray
- EXTERNAL LINK: Downport
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Michael J. Maley
- Author & Contributor: Andrea Vallance
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science