Beta (Ma 3128) (world)
From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Beta/New Mars (Magyar 3128)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G7 V M1 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the New Mars Subsector of Magyar Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
Beta (Ma 3128) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Beta (Ma 3128) Primary Primary Yellow G7 V Beta (Ma 3128) Companion Secondary Red M1 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system contains a Scout Base.
- Beta was claimed by the Solomani Confederation, but captured by the Imperium during the Solomani Rim War along with most of the subsector.
- Imperial nobility on Beta include a Count and a Knight.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 11,47. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 11,50. (dot map provided)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science