From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Berengaria/Pax Rulin (Trojan Reach 2105)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy is bustling and an increase in living conditions is expected in the near future.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Pax Rulin Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- It also contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Berengaria is a member of the Imperium.
Berengaria is one of the more stable words in the Outrim Void.
- The General Development Company provided significant terraforming and engineering to bring the world to its current Earth-like state.
- This epic feat of geo-engineering was intended to create a highly productive agricultural world to supply the chain of military bases along Pax Rulin, and to showcase what could be accomplished elsewhere in the Trojan Reach.
- Because Berengaria is considered a naval asset, the Imperial Navy has a permanent seat in the world parliament and has occasionally intervened to ensure that food supplies are not disrupted.
- This outside interference rankles with the ‘agricultural engineers’ of Berengaria.
- While Berengaria’s native technology is only TL-7, the colony’s basic infrastructure was built at a much higher level.
- The Baraccai Technum maintains an orbital maintenance and repair station around the mainworld.