Beltmetall GmbH is a large corporation of the Distant Fringe.
- 1 Portfolio
- 2 History & Background
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Beltmetall is considered to be a part of the Mining, Refining, and Industrial Chemistry Business Sector. Its primary area of operations is within the rimward half of Halcyon Sector. It is a primary extractor of ores, minerals and raw materials and supplies its produce to many industries across the region.
- Geological surveys, mineral exploration and prospecting.
- Cartographic and multimedia data.
- Bulk extraction of raw materials.
- Bulk refining of raw materials.
- Processing and transforming raw materials.
- Protected storage of finished goods.
Governance & Organization
Beltmetall is governed by a President and a Board of Directors. It is run by an Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officers and Department Heads. It has an extensive Records Department, an Audit Office, a Legal Department, a Logistical Support Center, a Sophont Resources Department, a Public Relations Office, a Finance Department, and a particularly well equipped Security Department.
The head office is located on Nist, an advancing but underdeveloped world lying within the coreward part of Halcyon Sector. As well as the main administrative complexes its headquarters includes a Commercial Cartography Office, a corporate healthcare center and spa complex, a number of executive villas, and large private estates with associated recreational facilities where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a private spaceport facility on the world.
- Research and Development
- Exploration and Survey Office
- Environmental and Geophysical Office
- Commercial Logistics and Storage Solutions
- Direct Extraction Division
- Indirect Extraction Division
- Product Improvement Division
- Special Services Office
- Scope Infinity – 27%,
- Fringe Mining Partnership – 26%,
- Seymour Investments Inc – 14%
- Private ownership – 11%,
- Chamandra family – 7%,
- Younger Stock Investments – 6%,
- Archus Mutual Investment – 4%,
- Kaftfahrzeug GmbH – 4%.
- Vailant Hex Ltd (a company specialising in strategic materials, precious metals, gems, crystals and "natural treasure").
- Solander Prospect Data (a geological survey company operating within the Rissa Gateway region).
- Haruka Bulk (a transport company specialising in bulk transport of ore) – 5% stock ownership.
The company maintains Regional Head Offices, administrative centers, extraction sites, production plants, refineries, industrial facilities, commercial premises and private territory on worlds across the region. It holds substantial amounts of machinery, tools, vehicles, supplies, and the supporting equipment and technology necessary to maintain operations. It has warehousing and storage facilities in many starports within the area. Its various assets and holdings are protected by corporate security.
- Beltmetall has proprietary mineral extraction rights with regard to millions of km² of unclaimed surface territory on worlds throughout the coreward part of Halcyon Sector.
- The company has a fleet of survey ships and light transport vessels primarily designed to move equipment and personnel.
History & Background
The corporation was founded by a consortium of business interests in the mid-50th century.
- Haruka Bulk. This company specialises in moving bulk loads of ore and minerals. It works closely with Beltmetall – it is the primary provider of all of that company's heavy transport assets. Beltmetall has invested heavily in Haruka.
- Kaftfahrzeug GmbH. This company purchases large quantities of raw materials and has invested heavily in Beltmetall.
No information yet available.
Beltmetall specialises in extracting mineral resources from secondary (non-mainworld) planetoid belts.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science