Battle of Porozlo
History & Background (Dossier)
The Zhodani thrust via Vilis and Lanth subsectors to Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716) met a known problem: Rhylanor has no gas giant, but does have a strong naval base. Neighboring Porozlo (Spinward Marches 2715) had a gas giant for quick refueling, and also possessed a naval base of potential use to invading naval forces.
- The battle began when a single large Zhodani task force appeared off Porozlo's primary; it proceeded directly to the larger of the two gas giants in the system. The local naval base reacted immediately, even admirably, considering that there was no warning of Zhodani this far from the front lines. However, as the first Zhodani task force refueled, portions of it engaged the local defenses, occupying them as a second task force appeared and drove straight for Porozlo. The threat of action against the planetary defenses and facilities prompted the world organization to declare Porozlo an open world. Naval forces either surrendered or jumped to safety at Rhylanor.
- The fall of Porozlo gave the Zhodani a supporting base for their siege of Rhylanor. Ships could easily refuel at the gas giant, jump one parsec to Rhylanor for raids, attacks, or blockade patrols, and still have enough fuel to jump back to Porozlo where a class A starport and the captured naval base stood ready to repair any damage immediately.
- The naval defenses of Porozlo have been strengthened considerably since this battle.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This event primarily occurred in the following areas:
- No information yet available.
World Listing: 1116
This event occurred in following systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Adventure 3 Twilight's Peak (book)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science