Battle Rider (book)
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Version||Traveller The New Era|
|ISBN 1-55878-167-6 Product No. 0308|
|Table of Contents|
- Brilliant Lances brought you detailed starship combat designed for roleplaying interaction.
- Battle Rider gives you fast-moving combat without the need for roleplaying levels of detail.
In the 57th century, travel between the stars has long been an accepted fact of life. Starships with powerful jump drives form the basis of interstellar commerce and the warships that protect that commerce.
But jump drives are bulky and take up volume that could be filled with defensive systems or offensive weaponry. A specialized vessel, optimized for large fleet actions, gained popularity during the Second Imperium and came to completely dominate the fleets of the Third Imperium. These vessels had no jump drives, had nothing in fact not directly related to producing the most effective line-of-battle combatant possible.
They were carried across the interstellar distances by huge jump tenders, vessels with little or no combat ability of their own, which would release their deadly cargo before the battle began and then withdraw to a safe distance. These warships became the very symbol of large fleet actions. Because they were carried from star to star, they were called battle riders.
Streamlined Mechanics allow squadrons of capital ships to duke it out.
- Interactive game turn sequence and hidden task force rules emphasise decision making, tactics, and bluffing instead of game mechanics.
- Unique décelés game system utilises battle resolution cards for all sensor, evasion, and firing tasks.
- Task force rules and target endpoint markers allow vector movement with no paperwork.
- All ship characteristics (weapons, defensive systems, manoeuvre, etc) are printed on the ship counter backs. No need to refer to a data book or off-map ship record sheet. No data forms to fill out prior to play.
- Key system and "mission kill" approach of the damage system allows detailed combat results with all damage recorded with markers on the ship counter, eliminating off-map damage records.
- Game system remains faithful to all aspects of the Traveller physical universe, and can easily be used to fight out individual small ship battles as fleet actions.
- 366 full-color game counters (three full counter sheets), ranging in size from 1 /2-inch to 1 1 /3-inch.
- 3 large 22-inch x 34-inch hex maps compatible with the maps in Brilliant Lances. The giant 2-inch hexes are big enough to use miniatures in place of counters.
- 96 battle resolution cards.
- 2 game reference charts
- 1 rules and scenario book.
- Errata sheet dated June 22, 1994 CE.
Table of Contents
|Section / Article||Page/s|
|Battle Rider Cards||29|
|Missile Spread Sheet||30|
Library Data Entries (Public)
Library Data Entries (Automated)
|Library data entries|
- Admiral class Battle Rider
- Ashtabula class Raider Cruiser
- Aurora class Multimission Clipper AKA Aurora class Clipper
- Chrysanthemum class Destroyer Escort
- Cleon class Battle Tender
- Type CP class Patrol Cruiser AKA Type T class Patrol Cruiser
- Fiery class Close Escort
- Fusilier class Destroyer
- Gallant class Battle Rider
- Gazelle class Close Escort
- Kinunir class Colonial Cruiser
- Maggart class Battle Tender
- Manticore class Battle Rider (Light)
- Mary Ellen Carter class Armed Merchant
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Midu Agashaam class Destroyer
- Rapier class Escort Destroyer
- Shukugan class System Defense Boat
- Starburst class Light Cruiser
- Sylea class Battleship
- Triumph class Battle Tender
- Valor class Missile Corvette
- Victrix class Multimission Sloop AKA Victrix class Multipurpose Starship
- Voroshilef class Battleship
No information yet available.
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credits (Primary Sources)|
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Design Assistance and Editing||Dave Nilsen|
Commentary & Data articles:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|