Bastion G-20 class SPG
|Bastion G-20 class SPG|
|Speed|| Road 50kph|
Cross Country 25kph
|Crew||21 Driver, Gunner, 18 Loaders and Commander|
|Armament|| 20cm Medium Velocity CPR Gun|
TAC missile tube
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Enlightened 6T class tracked 20 cm SPG, TL-6: The vehicle's hard steel armor sheaths the chassis and turret to levels of protection to protect versus bullets and shell fragments. The top of the vehicle has the best armor to shield from over head strikes from indirect fire from counter battery missions. This design is sealed with over pressure for the crew in protected forces roles and to permit amphibious operations. An improved internal combustion power plant and transmission are linked to a large tracked suspension with low ground pressure to avoid becoming bogged down in sand, snow, mud or soft soils. The coaxial HMG can help deal with encroaching infantry, the TAC missile system can help versus air craft and light armor. The wire guidance restricts it to 4km range. The main gun is versatile and can engage in direct fire and its primary mission of indirect fire and artillery support. It is not stabilized to fire effectively on the move.
The vehicle has a crew of twenty one: driver, gunner, 18 loader/gun crew and commander.
- Height: 2m (+1m turret); Width: 4m; Length: 10m.
- Total usable volume: 84m³
- Total mass loaded: 68.2399 metric tons (It Floats)
- Hull Material: Hard Steel
- Armor: Chassis and Turret all faces: 8, Chassis Deck 10.
- Target Size DMs: +3 low, +0 high hits
- Production Cost: Cr594,006.25
The power to weight ratio 14.6541, and the ground pressure is 3.5915736 tons/m2.
- Road, 50kph/42cm; Cross Country, 25kph/21cm.
No weapon stabilization. Movement effect on fire: -4 FFP/No Fire move less than 1/2; move more than half no fire.
Turret Mounted 20cm Medium Velocity CPR Gun
The gun requires 14.5 turns to set up for indirect fire missions and has a 1/2 ROF. It can engage a single target and has +5 signature when it fires. It has TL–6 direct fire control and TL–6 indirect fire control. There is a TL–6 fire direction center on board which can execute one fire mission. There is storage for twenty rounds, each round masses 120kg. The weapon has -1 to hit up to 18km range and -3 to hit up to 36km for indirect fire. Twenty HE, KEAP and/or Smoke are included with the purchase price.
|Effective Range||Long Range||Extreme Range|
|1km (39)||2km (35)||3.5km (31)|
The Ammunition available includes:
|Smoke||(2cm x 2cm)||Cr360|
|Chemical||(2cm x 2cm; burns 6 turns)||Cr720|
Turret Mounted Coaxial Heavy Machine Gun
There is storage for 800 rounds, enough for 20 fire phases. The weapon has +2 signature when it fires and can engage 4 targets.
|Effective Range||Long Range||Extreme Range|
|0.5km (6)+3||1km (5)+2||1.5km (3)+1|
There is a 8.4kg capacity tube launcher in the turret. The missiles use a 9cm HEAP 24 warhead for anti-tank work or a HE 15/2/2 warhead against aerial targets. It takes a single crew member to manually reload these missiles internally from the twenty missiles stored. Ten HE and ten HEAP are included in the purchase price. They are very inexpensive but are handicapped by a short 4km range. The wire guidance package is not subject to enemy signal jamming.
|Wire Guided +1 to hit DM HEAP 24||4km||Cr52.9|
|Wire Guided +1 to hit DM HE 15/2/2||4km||Cr50.7|
Power / Equipment:
- Power: a 1 megawatt improved internal combustion power plant
- consumes 500 liters of fuel/hour; fuel capacity 2,401 liters, enough for 4.8 hours.
- Sealed environment with over pressure (proof against CBR/NBC threats);
- 10 Smoke Canisters
- Passive IR
- 200 Power Radio
- Vehicle 8
- Electronics 19
- Weapons 5
- Suspension 0
History & Background (Dossier)
Designed and manufactured at TL–6, these vehicles were license built for the Enlightened at Nestol (world), along the Distant Fringe. These serve in the Nestol Panzer Grenadier Division and the Nestol Royal Dragoon Brigade.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science