Bastien class Subsidized Liner
|Bastien class Subsidized Liner|
|Type: RM Subsidized Liner|
|Also see||Subsidized Liner|
|Canon||Published, canon starship design with a Keith illustration.|
|Passengers||21 High/Med 20 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Bastien class Subsidized Liner is a commercial starship.
The Bastien-class liners carry less cargo than the workhorse Far Traders, while having significantly higher operation costs. The only advantage of the class is their ability to make 3-parsec jumps, and so the occasional survivors of the class usually ply either areas of low stellar density or make key trade connections between two mains separated by a 3-parsec jump connection.
- An image of a Lord Somerset class Subsidized Liner.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The old Bastien-class liners were ideally suited to haul a mixture of VIPs and high value cargo considerable distances in a comparatively short time. There is very little demand for that sort of service in the Wilds, however.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type M class Subsidized Liner
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen, Loren Wiseman, Bradley K. McDevitt. Star Vikings (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. "Technical Booklet." Brilliant Lances (1994): 29.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science