Basic Cybernetic Hand
|Basic Cybernetic Hand|
|Size||1 liter average|
|Weight||1 kg average|
- It is a replacement for an organic manipulator.
- The exact size and dimensions of the hand are tailored to match the physical characteristics of the recipient.
A battery powered cybernetic manipulator constructed from strong lightweight materials. It closely matches the dexterity and capabilities of an organic hand.
- A Basic Cybernetic Hand replaces approximately 3% of the body in humans. In other sophonts, a manipulator may represent a greater or lesser percentage of the body.
- The battery is extremely compact and has a very long life, typically measured in decades.
- It may have a pseudobio appearance, with synthetic skin, silent operation and species-normal body temperatures.
- Some individuals prefer a colorful or bizarre finish or leave the internal mechanics of the hand exposed.
The Basic Cybernetic Hand directly connects to the individual's nervous system, allowing it to be controlled as though it were a natural manipulator, and provides sensory feedback including touch, pressure, texture and temperature.
- The hand provides feedback about its power levels and functionality.
- Exceeding the design specifications may cause the hand to malfunction or cause injury to the individual. In extreme cases it may tear away from the body.
The Basic Cybernetic Hand is a life-like prosthesis designed to replace an organic hand. Its compact nature and relatively light weight allow it to be used to replace a missing organic manipulator without the need to attach it to a Cybernetic Arm: in such cases it is knitted into the limb above the wrist.
The hand may not be upgraded.
- The hand may be fitted with armor, either as an integral feature or as external plates. Plating is not compatible with a naturalistic appearance.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Cybernetics, Mongoose Publishing 2011, pg 44.
- Fire, Fusion, & Steel, Game Designers Workshop 1994, pgs 84-86.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science