BITS (short for British Isles Traveller Support) is a UK based organisation dedicated to providing a forum for Marc Miller's 'Traveller' Roleplaying Game.
BITS publishes a variety of products, including the "Little White Books" which include the 101 Series. Full details may be found on the BITS List page.
It was founded in 1995 by Andy Lilly, who still co-ordinates the organisation. Within this remit, BITS supports all versions of Traveller (Classic, MegaTraveller, Traveller: The New Era, GURPS Traveller and Marc Miller's Traveller) by:
- Organising tournaments and demonstrations in the UK (and beyond).
- Publishing quality adventures and supplements for Traveller.
- Aiding and encouraging members' submissions to magazines.
- Helping to find/swap and sell out of print material.
- Collecting and publishing software role-play aids.
- Bringing together players through a contact list.
Although BITS was founded in the UK, it has a small number of European and North American members.
BITS is licensed by Far Future Enterprises to produce Traveller material.
Meta-history and background
BITS was incorporated as a company ("BITS UK Limited") when GURPS Traveller was released to put the legal niceties in place to allow sales to the USA and beyond. However, as an organization it is still run for the love of the game, and not for the money (fortunately!).
- External Link: Official BITS Website