|Ayldem/Tobia (Trojan Reach 3013)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Ayldem is a poor, preindustrial desert hellworld.
- The inhabitants of this world struggle to survive in the life-threatening environment of a desert hellworld.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- The world is a preindustrial one, which cannot produce adequate materials to maintain a modern, star-faring society. These items must be imported at considerable cost.
- This world has few prospects for significant economic development. The inhabitants of this world lead a bleak and constantly challenging existence.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Tobia Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- About 70% of the population is composed of Droyne.
- About 30% of the population is composed of baseline humans and other non-human sophonts.
No information yet available.
Non-canon: Ayldem is 11,300km in diameter, with a thin, breathable atmosphere, and 4.0% hydrographics, tied up in a few scattered lakes.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system is a member of the Imperium and contains a Naval Base.
- Ayldem is a Droyne-controlled world and has been issued an Amber Zone travel advisory.
- In recent years, Ayldem closed its starport to visitors for unknown reasons, forcing the Imperium to rapidly construct a new class-A port on Our Planet (Trojan Reach 0602).
Non-canon: Discovered in 227 by the IISS, its primitive TL 8 Droyne population was largely ignored. When settlers began to arrive, they gradually pushed the Droyne back into unwanted territories. Today the Droyne must stay in various reserves across the planet. They are alternately repressed and ignored, depending upon the current governor.
It has a population of 87 million, 63 million of which are Dryone.
- The remaining humans are miners, merchants, settlers, etc. The government of Ayldem is actually type 3, run by a governor and his staff; but as the Droyne comprise the majority of the population, their government is usually listed.
An Imperial naval base is located in Dustbowl, the planet's major city and type A starport.
- Human settlements are located around all lakes, and the Droyne have been pushed back to the dry highlands.
- Ayldem's shipyards are jointly owned by the planetary government and the Regency military; its main products are naval logistical ships and a few traditional Droyne designs.
The Droyne live in large cliffside communities that dot an escarpment that scars the entire surface of the world. This scarp is a remnant of the effect the Ancients Weapon wrought that nearly shattered the world during the Final War. The same attack destroyed the world's small oceans and a blew a good portion of the atmosphere into space. The surface temperatures are too high for the Droyne forcing them to spend most of the day underground, opting for a semi-nocturnal existence.
The Ayldem Droyne are famous for their volunteer military units that serve in the Regency Army's XIV Corps, a unit heavily involved in peacekeeping operations along the Thinrim. These Droyne units are seen as neutral parties by both Aslan rulers and human resistance groups and their psionic abilities make them feared by troublemakers.