Grand Council of Crèches
Most Imperial authorities view the Atapas-atta-wapawab more as an administrative department within Bwap culture than an actual political entity, and so have not acted against its influence.
Bwaps take great pride in their highly-ordered society. Each individual enjoys being one small, functional cog in a vast, ever-changing universe of interlinked patterns. Bwaps feel that real civilization is ordered like Bwap society is.
The goals of Bwap society are:
- To establish a Bwap (bureaucratic) order on the entire universe.
- To survive and prosper within the universe.
When Bwaps keep books, follow laws, establish records, etc. ...Bwaps are performing one of the key duties of Bwapkind: to establish order in the universe.
Government & Politics
The Atapas-atta-wapawab is characterized as having a high degree of centralization, which sets uniform policies that direct the entire multi-system state and disregards local (planetary) differences. The Atapas-atta-wapawab government is usually classified as a Federal Republic, a form of a Unitary State, with theocratic tendencies.
Some Imperial political scientists feel that many to most governments are Government Code D (13) Religious Dictatorships, but if they are, there seem to be very few complaints from Bwaps, which would be uncharacteristic of religious dictatorships. Others feel that those political scientists supporting the religious dictatorship theory are misguided by anthropocentrism and a lack of cultural relativism.
What is for certain, is that Bwaps have a highly-ordered society with a very defined role for each and every Bwap. Bwaps seem to understand these social intricacies with a natural ease that confounds other sophonts. A Bwap always seems to know where and to whom to go to get anything done within Bwap society. And Bwap culture, even across their many different worlds, is remarkably uniform with the vast majority of Bwaps showing a strong dedication to it.
Technology & Trade
Calendar & Timekeeping: Very little is known about how the Bwaps form a calendar or mark the passing of time although it is assumed that the Bwap calendar is based upon the planetary rotation of their homeworld, Marhaban (Empty Quarter 0426). Bwaps, with their analytical minds, seem to be able to juggle the calendar and time systems of many other sophonts with great facility.
The Bwap use a Base-8 system of mathematics, including mathematical logic, arithmetic, statistics, particle mechanics, and other branches of mathematics.
The Bwap possess an advanced knowledge of the sciences that includes:
- A formalized method of scientific inquiry.
- Marhaban (planetary) and Space sciences, including astronomy, cosmology, and geosciences.
- Social sciences, including psychology and sociology.
- Life sciences, including biology.
- Physical sciences, including chemistry and physics.
- Formal sciences, including mathematics and logic.
The Bwap are known to posses particularly advanced forms of the statistical sciences and are renowned for designing proprietary algorithms capable of predicting long-term economic activity with great accuracy.
- Some believe that the Bwap use this advanced statistical science to experiment with pychohistory.
Military & Intelligence
All Bwap worlds maintain a local constabulary and many are garrisoned with Imperial military units.
History & Background
Media typically use the term to refer to Bwap-dominated worlds within twenty parsecs of Marhaban.
Students of Bwap culture recognize that the Grand Council presides over all Bwap crèches, not just those fairly close to the Bwap homeworld.
Sectors & Astrography
Worlds marked with an (*) are members of the Grand Council of Creches.
- Worlds marked with a (#) possessed large Bwap populations in the antebellum period.
- World names are reflective of the Vilani and Solomani that explored and settled them, and do not reflect Bwap names or traditions.
Bwap Worlds in Antares Sector
- Mukusi (world) 3129 C4579EG-C Hi 412 Im(*)
- Amumakuga (world) 3235 B99A79D-9 Wa 432 Im(*)
Lentuli Subsector (Empty Quarter I)
- Teutoburger (world) 0127 B574546-9 Ag Ni C:0 902 Im(*)
- Waskuei (world) 0128 A130334-C Lo Ni De 323 Im
- St. David's (world) 0227 B510435-7 Lo Ni 602 Im
- Mikik (world) 0228 X450998-6 Hi Po In R 402 Im
- Thessalia (world) 0229 A415244-D Lo Ni 903 Im
- Teikoku (world) 0325 A8C7475-B Lo De 504 Na
- Hipper (world) 0327 D656771-5 Ag Ni 120 Im(*)
- Bonotsu (world) 0328 A8B0433-B Lo De Ni 502 Na
- Akec Tedidim (world) 0329 E475231-6 Lo Ni 903 Im
- Marhaban (world) 0426 A4697DG-E Cp Sw 801 Im(*)
- Dimashq (world) 0627 E230521-5 Ni Po De 701 Im
- Nihon Station (world) 0630 C899654-8 S Ni 203 Im(*)
- Osumi Shoto (world) 0728 C221353-7 Lo Na Po 130 Im
- Resurrection (world) 0729 D300244-7 S Lo Na Va 402 Im
- Li Changhun (world) 0828 C88A112-9 Lo Ni Wa 403 Im(*)
- Li Yingkou (world) 0829 E300300-6 Lo Ni Va 700 Im
- Li Chifeng (world) 0830 B98A677-A Lo Ni Wa 802 Im(*)
Nulinad Subsector (Empty Quarter M)
- Asaklon V (world) 0132 B400377-8 Lo Ni Va 614 Im
- El Quahira (world) 0134 B26138C-B Lo Ni 914 Im
- Rundeau (world) 0138 A787777-6 Ag Ri 821 Im
- Zukhisa (world) 0139 B556998-A Hi 713 Im(#)
- Longshot (world) 0140 D435364-3 S O:0139 614 Im
- Toyama (world) 0231 C557550-6 Ag Ni 603 Im
- Ci Xian (world) 0232 D664003-4 Lo Ni 113 Im
- Iternum (world) 0234 D328578-6 Ni 201 Im
- Iigaashigiri (world) 0238 B200244-8 Lo Ni Va 200 Im
- Gudina (world) 0334 C53499B-5 Hi In Sw 513 Im
- Carthage (world) 0337 B654724-7 Ag 213 Im
- Nulinad (world) 0338 A455986-B Hi Cx 504 Im(#)
- Kashima (world) 0339 C96A864-9 Wa O:0338 602 Im(#)
- Ossa Dal (world) 0340 B344573-8 Ag Ni A 304 Im
- Miser (world) 0435 A213611-A Na Ni Ic 302 Im
- Nyambii Dal (world) 0439 C75A462-A Ni O:0338 902 Im
- Eninsish (world) 0535 C000ABB-9 As Hi In 113 Im(*)
- Sashar (world) 0536 D59799C-6 Hi In 204 Im(*)
- Huifa (world) 0537 C120322-8 De Lo Ni 424 Im
- Pacifica (world) 0632 A367788-B Ri Ag 813 Im(*)
- Gigdubarga (world) 0633 B5688BB-4 134 Im(*)
- Blackglobe (world) 0636 D7C0353-8 Lo De Ni 122 Im
- Rasu (world) 0637 C760997-6 De Hi 304 Im
- Cleon (world) 0638 A98879B-A Ag Ri A 305 Im(#)
- Shiikuus (world) 0640 D539849-6 813 Im
- Ayachuco (world) 0732 C890515-8 S De Ni 914 Im
- Simon's Ball (world) 0738 C66468A-5 S Ni Ag Ri 913 Im
- Arakaad (world) 0833 E4659BC-7 Hi 502 Im(*)
- Province (world) 0834 B6157B7-9 N Ic A 104 Im
- Isii Shiikuus (world) 0836 D512367-A Lo O:0638 613 Im
- Tungokl (world) 0837 A253432-9 Lo Ni Po 404 Im
- Chubu (world) 0839 C7A0646-8 De Ni 405 Im
- Kyogasaki (world) 0840 C775467-3 S Lo Ni 303 Im
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 1
- Jason Kemp. "Adventure: Sand Castles." Stellar Reaches No. 5 (2006): 23.
- External Link: [Downport CARI]