Astronics encompass and integrate a variety on onboard systems used for astrogational purposes.
- It includes a variety of onboard sensor systems.
- It relies on an accurate system of metrics.
- It is a kind of Ship Equipment.
Astronics are the electronic systems used in starships and spacecraft to facilitate in-system and interstellar astrogation. An astronics suite links, coordinates and manages the vessels communications, sensors, navigation, displays and data.
- The integrated nature of astronics allows enhanced results and improved data.
- Astronics are similar to Multiplexers in their function.
No information yet available.
Astronics, using sensor systems, allow detailed astrograpic surveys over large areas. The use of astronics permits the production of accurate Star Charts and can also provide astrophysical data about the worlds that the region contains.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), .
- Marc Miller, Agent of the Imperium, Far Future Enterprises 2015
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Crawm Lermil
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science