- 1 Market Ticker Code
- 2 Description (Portfolio)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
Market Ticker Code Name Code Type Charter Remarks Corp Name TBD 4 to 12 alphanumeric character LIC None
Astor Cyber is considered to be a part of the Defense, Electronics, Communications, and Robotics Business Sector. Its primary area of operations is the Bright Conclave and the rimward parts of Halcyon Sector. It is chiefly concerned in the production of robots and robotic brains: its products can be found all across the Distant Fringe.
- CAD, practical design, and tooling.
- Primary logistics.
- Cutting, shaping, and joining materials.
- Precision construction and manufacturing.
- Electronics systems, advanced systems, integration and software.
- Upgrades, retrofitting, conversions and modifications.
- Storage of finished products.
Governance & Organization
Astor Cyber is governed by a Chairman and a Committee of Governors. It is run by a Executive Chairman, Senior Operating Officers and Department Directors. It has an extensive Records Department, an Internal Audit Department, a large Legal Department, a Sophont Resources Bureau, a very large Public Relations Office, a Finance Department, and an Internal Security Office.
The head office is located on Rysos, an industrial center located within the Bright Conclave. As well as the main administrative complexes its headquarters includes a corporate retreat and spa complex, a number of executive villas, and large private estates with associated recreational facilities where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a private spaceport facility on the world.
- Research and Development
- Electronics Division
- Medical Division
- Industrial Robotics Division
- Commercial Robotics Division
- Consumer Devices Division
- Military Development Division
- Integrated Systems Group
- Logistics Division
- Astor family – 41%,
- other "Fives" families – 18%
- Instelbank Prime – 16%,
- Private ownership – 13%,
- Younger Stock Investments – 12%.
- ThinkCo (manufacturing stand-alone robot brains)
- Xenon Industries (producing specialist industrial robots).
The company maintains Regional Head Offices, administrative centers, fabrication and production plants, assembly and maintenance facilities, commercial premises and private territory on worlds across the Bright Conclave and the surrounding region. It holds substantial amounts of machinery, tools, vehicles, supplies, and the supporting equipment and technology necessary to maintain operations. It has private storage and warehousing facilities at most starports within the Bright Conclave and along the Long Line Star Lane, and maintains showrooms and sales offices in many large urban centers. Its various assets and holdings are protected by corporate security.
- Astor Cyber holds extensive patents and copyrights and vigorously pursues those who infringe its rights.
- The company has a fleet of small personnel transport vessels.
The corporation was founded by a consortium of business interests on Scybria during the early 50th century.
- Paradyne Systems Ltd (based on Wolf): a major manufacturer of computer components and electronic subsystems.
- Samuel & Amsterdam Specialties (specialising in microelectronics).
Astor Cyber produce the extremely successful "Valet" series of androids, designed as personal assistants to the wealthy. They are noted for their bland personalities and development of pedantic habits.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Facilities Data: 1105
This business is known to host facilities in the following locations:
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Artist & Contributor: CaveDoctor
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science