|Capital Ship Combatants||Escort Combatants||Military Smallcraft||Support Ships|
|Battleship||Cruiser||Carrier||Destroyer||Escort||Frigate||System Defense Boat||Fighter||Assault Transport||Smallcraft||Auxiliaries|
|Commercial Mercantile Ships||Non-Mercantile Commercial Ships||Non-Commercial Ships||Civilian Smallcraft||Highports & Satellites|
|Merchant||Liner||Transport||Commercial Industrial||Commercial Ships||General||Research||Private||Auxiliary|| Orbital
An Assault Transport is a combat lander whose primary roles are to suppress the enemy and to to ferry troops, AFV's, and combat materiel from space to the surface.
Please see the following AAB articles for more information:
These vessels specialize in supporting ground operations, and usually are associated with the delivery of troops in combat zones. They also serve in other combat support roles including combat resupply, medevac, communications, and direct/indirect fire support.
- Jump capability is normally restricted to the larger ship classes.
- Please see Military Starship Types for more information.
Strategy and Doctrine
Assault Transports are most often sent in after an extended planetary bombardment is conducted.
History and background
No information yet available.
- Assault Transport: A relatively large vessel for the class, both armed and armored. They often carry organic troop transports and provide standoff combat support.
- Assault Shuttle: A smaller vessel with limited troop capacity. Although it is armored, its weapon suite is much more limited.
References and contributors
- Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science