|Asorret/New Mars (Magyar 2923)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Asorret is a moderate population, non-agricultural and preindustrial, icy vacuum world, with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It is a world working toward being an industrial powerhouse but lacks an adequate workforce to do so at this time. Immigration is being encouraged and promoted. This world needs workers.
- This is a cold world with an overall climate is at the lower temperature range of human-congruous sophont endurance.
- This world toils under the control of a military government with conditions reflecting that situation including curtailed civil rights and limited freedoms.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the New Mars Subsector of Magyar Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Asorret Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Asorret Primary Yellow-White F5 V None
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial marquis.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.
System Classifications :
- Ice Capped,
- Non-Canon: This colony is under naval fleet control. An admiral, usually of noble rank, is assigned to oversee operations here. Several civilian affairs liaisons coordinate the administration. The law level reflects the high security, armed camp feel of the facilities here. Things are crisp, strict and by the book. Officials here are serving naval officers with no sense of humor when dealing with unruly civilian types. Patrols and armed guards are evident and the civilian populous are descendant of contractors, and dependents that stayed on or retired and mustered out here. An Imperial Marine detachment is typically assigned here to protect the naval base and to provide a pool for fleet marine billets. These facilities did some experimentation with a novel class of warships.
A small heavily armored, streamlined needle was constructed without internal space for jump fuel. Surface ice was harvested to produce, what amounted to an artificial buffered ice asteroid design. The ice hull doubled as armor and frozen fuel/L-hyd drop tanks. Then a non jump capable system defense boat could be adapted into a jump capable warship on a temporary basis. The designs worked in principle allowing that, as the ships neared habitable zones the hull/armor/fuel tended to sublimate and melt away like the tail of a comet. Rumors persist that a squadron of these reclusive ice queens prowl the outer edges of this system, far from the primary's radiance.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|