Aslan (Alien Module)
Adventure and Intrigue with a Proud Warrior Race
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman|
|Product no. 254|
The first in the series of Alien Modules' 1 Classic Traveller looks at the Aslan, the youngest of the Major Races. Who, despite their relative youth, have rapidly spread through space, driven by the instinctive territorial desires which are central to the make-up of Aslan males.
Spinward of the Imperium, a race of ferocious carnivores has evolved intelligence and rules hundreds of star systems. They are the Aslan, interstellar neighbors of the Imperium. This warrior race has long been a mystery to the ordinary human, and now it is possible to learn more about their culture and society.
Aslan, Traveller Alien Module 1, describes in detail this alien race, its homeworld, and its starfaring society.
This Alien Module includes:
- Aslan History and Culture: Detailed essays on the nature of the Aslan, their culture, their behavior, and their society.
- Aslan Character Generation: Seven basic careers, plus six more derived from Citizens
- Careers include Space Service, Military Service, Wanderers, Management, and Outcasts. Additional careers include Pirates, Belters, Envoys, Flyers, Medics, and Scientists.
- Also included are details and modifications to standard systems to allow Aslan to be generated as Imperial citizens.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have the Mercenary and High Guard booklets to make full use of them).
- World Generation: Tables and rules for Aslan worlds, governments, bases, law and tech levels.
- Aslan Encounters: Patrons and random encounter lists for ventures into Aslan territory.
- Weapons: Aslan personal weapons defined and described
- Aslan Word Generation: Fast and easy generation of Aslan names and words - to add depth to any Aslan adventure
- The Aslan Heirate: Basic multi-sector map of Aslan territory, showing its relationship to the Imperium. Sectors are named in Aslan, with Imperial names where applicable.
- A Quest: One Aslan, accompanied by his family, has set off to find his brother's ihatei, his second son - the heir to their influential clan's power. The adventure takes him, his family, and ultimately a crew of human adventurers deep into Aslan territory, all the while pursued by assassins.
- More than a rousing adventure, this quest allows players and referee to actually participate in an alien culture, using the background and data provided to more effectively role-play with non-human characters.
- J. Andrew Keith, John Harshman, and Marc Miller.
- Marc Miller
- Cover Illustration
- David Deitrick
- Interior Illustrations
- Steve Venters and William H. Keith, Jr.
- Art Direction
- Paul R. Banner
Table of Contents
Anatomical Drawings of Aslan IFC Introduction 1 The Aslan Race 2 Aslan Character generation 8 Aslan World Generation 25 Aslan Word Generation 27 Aslan Encounters 28 Personal Combat 30 Starships and Space Travel 31 Worlds 33 Other Game Rules 34 The Aslan Homeworld 35 Syareahtorl (Adventure) 35 Sectors of the Aslan Hierate and Environs IBC