|Primary||F5 V M1 V|
|Army size (BEs)||30|
|World Trade Number||0.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||60,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Asgard has a scarcity of water and a sparse, tainted, atmosphere. The system has a population in the 10s of millions of sophonts. This world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Vilis Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb.
|Army size (BEs)||30|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||94|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||56,400|
|Port passengers (annual)||600|
Era: New Era
Asgard has a scarcity of water and a sparse, tainted, atmosphere. The system has a population in the 10s of millions of sophonts. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Vilis Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Asgard Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Asgard Primary Primary Yellow-White F5 V Asgard Companion Secondary Red M1 V
1519 Asgard (Imperium) - Red Zone
Starport: Class 0.
Diameter: 2,956 miles (4,700 km).
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen tainted by dust microparticles.
Population: 51 million.
Government: Oligarchy (a small noble class headed by the “King of All”).
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 5.
World Trade Number: 0.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
Asgard was originally settled by colonists from the Sword Worlds, who originally named it Lyusing. The world became cut off from other systems and regressed technologically; it is currently a poor, low-technology world. Asgard is interdicted to protect its developing culture.
- During the Fifth Frontier War, Asgard was subject to incursions from the Gram Fleet as part of the Sword Worlds Campaign. On 014-1108 the Imperial Admiralty officially declared the system to be a combat zone.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Periodical: Journal of the Travellers Aid Society No. 19 in Article: "TNS (Revisited)"
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 41.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 67.
- GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches