|No. of Stars||7|
|Majority Control||Sath Exploration (SaXX) - 100%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
As'Kaa Subsector lies almost entirely within the Great Void, lying within a broad astrographic region known as the Crown of the Void. It contains parts of two clusters of stars, the Hak'tha Spread and the Aasa'tha Cluster.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 65 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 122 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 36 parsecs to spinward-coreward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
No information yet available.
Population: 400 Sophonts.
- Asath. A Sath language, primarily spoken by the Shikh’aa Faction within the K’shek cluster of Far Home Sector.
The worlds of the Subsector are claimed by the Sath. The region has been surveyed as a part of the Sath Exploration Program (SaXX) and is under the jurisdiction of the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance.
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
History & Background
The first sophont visitors to the Subsector were the Sath, who visited the Kaa system during the Voyage of the Hiishiiha in 5338AD. By around 5550AD the Sath technological base advanced to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives: soon afterwards the Sath launched an expedition using long-range vessels to the worlds of the Aasa'tha Cluster.
Major Historical Events Timeline:
Some of the important historical events that have affected As'Kaa Subsector include:
- 2255AD: As'Kaa Subsector named as Splinters Subsector. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- ca 4700AD: The Sath rename Splinters Subsector, calling it As'Kaa Subsector.
- ca 5140AD: The Sath launch STL probes towards the Hak'tha Spread from the Sshkih system in Far Home Sector.
- ca 5270AD: A Sath STL probe passes through the Kaa system.
- 5338AD: The Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- 5390AD: The name "As'Kaa Subsector" is officially recognised by the Rissa Accords.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5558AD: Sath long-range jump-2-capable scouting vessels with extended range capability cross into the Aasa'tha Cluster.
- 5590AD: Construction of a permanent space station begins at the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5599AD: The Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for As'Kaa Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science