- The term Arthropoid is also used interchangeably.
- It is a classification of creature type.
- It is a type of lifeform, a typoid.
Library Data Referral Tree
- B: Biology / Biotechnology (Bio-)
- Artificial Womb
- Bio-Identenoid (Typoid)
- Genetic Engineering AKA Geneering
- Personality Recording
- Relict Regeneration
- Replacement Body Part
An arthropodoid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Segmented bodies consisting of two or more parts: typically a fused head and thorax (a cephalothorax) and an abdomen.
- An exoskeleton or a hard, shell-like covering on the outside of the body.
- Three or more pairs of jointed appendages referred to as legs. These are typically used for walking.
- Antennae, typically mounting sensory organs.
- An open circulatory system.
No information yet available.
Specific Species Examples
|Selected Arthropodoid Species Examples|
|Amindii AKA Grasshoppers||Sophont||None|
|Ashdak Meshukiiba AKA Cow Ant||Proto-Sophont||None|
|Dust Strider||Creature||They are native to Chamois in the Spinward Marches.|
|Horseshoe Crab||Creature||They are native to Terra.|
Most biologists agree that a creature should exhibit at least three of the characteristics associated with arthropodoids to qualify as an arthropodoid, though others set the limit at two. The term is necessarily generic.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science