- 1 Market Ticker Code
- 2 Description (Portfolio)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
Market Ticker Code Name Code Type Charter Remarks Arshugan Consortium ArCn Resource Extraction / Processing LLC Proto-polity
The Arshugan Consortium is primarily involved in mining, refining, and industrial chemistry. It specializes in mineral extraction and provides processed ore and raw materials for commercial and industrial use. The majority of its produce is shipped to the advanced industrial world of Talokan, in Mavuzog Sector, which in turn supplies it with starships, spacecraft and heavy equipment.
- Geological surveys, mineral exploration and prospecting.
- Cartographic and multimedia data.
- Bulk extraction of raw materials.
- Bulk refining of raw materials.
- Hostile environment processes.
- Protected storage of finished products.
Governance & Organization
The Arshugan Consortium is governed by a Chairman and a Board of Directors. It is run by a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officers and Department Heads. It has an extensive Cartography and Records Department, an Audit Office, a Legal Department, a Sophont Resources Department, a Liaison Office, a Public Relations Office, a Finance Department, and a Security Department.
The Consortium's main administrative offices are located on Farizant, a rich agricultural world lying one parsec from Refinery. The facilities include a corporate healthcare center and spa complex, a number of executive villas, and large private estates with associated recreational facilities where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a private secondary spaceport facility on the world.
- The company maintains offices, administrative centers, extraction sites, production plants, refineries, industrial facilities, commercial premises and private territory on many nearby worlds. These holdings are protected by corporate security.
- Research and Development
- Strategic Exploration Division
- Environmental Group
- Primary logistics
- Commercial Recovery Division
- Processing and Refining Division
- Arshugan Cartel – 51%,
- Talokan Trade Authority - 26%
- Private ownership – 11%
- Prime Star Bank – 5%,
- Portfolio Barratt – 4%,
- Markov Associates - 3%.
- CP-LLC (Complete Protection - a paramilitary security organization that operates small warships and fields a variety of ground units).
The company has proprietary mineral extraction rights with regard to millions of km² of unclaimed surface territory on worlds throughout the spinward-coreward part of Harea Sector. Its assets include mineral extraction facilities and refineries, along with the equipment, machinery, vehicles and technology necessary to maintain operations. It has a corporate fleet of survey ships and personnel transport vessels. The Argushan Consortium has large, well protected warehousing and storage facilities in many of the major starports within the region.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Talokan Trade Authority (based at Talokan)
Independent mining concerns and freelance operators.
The company has been broadly vilified for its brutal approach to resource extraction. It regularly uses strip mining, open cast mines and large-scale quarrying. Its heavy-handed approach towards environmental issues has brought it a great deal of negative publicity.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Member Data
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Harea Sector at Explorer Base
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: W.G. Zeist
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science