|No. of Stars||12|
|Majority Control||Worlds of The Leader (WoTL) - 34%|
|2nd Control||Non-aligned Human-dominated (NaHu) - 33%|
|3rd Control||Unexplored - 33%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background / Dossier
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Arodir Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Arodir system and its red giant primary star. The majority of the Subsector lies within the Moat Rifts. The Worlds of The Leader, a belligerent and expansionistic state, occupies the Krayal Trace, lying on its rimward-trailing borders.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 86 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 136 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying approximately 10 parsecs to rimward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
Four systems within Arodir subsector remain officially unexplored as of 5600AD. These lie four or more parsecs from the Distant Fringe proper, within the Moat Rifts, placing them beyond the range of conventional vessels. It is likely that governments and organisations know significantly more about them than is made available to the general public.
|1802 Far Home||Tarrendo||M0 V||M1 V||2 Gas Giants|
|2101 Far Home||Rios||F7 V||M2 V||M7 VI||3 Gas Giants|
|2203 Far Home||Chemin||K2 V||M4 VI||3 Gas Giants|
|2302 Far Home||Unzar||G0 V||M5 VI||1 Gas Giant|
- Data drawn from the DSP Listing. The listed names are the generally accepted names of the systems, but they are not in any sense official.
Population: 2.088 billion Sophonts.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Other Non-Human Races:
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Arodir Subsector:
- Anglish The language of the Firstworlds. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken throughout the Distant Fringe. Most people know a few words and phrases of Anglish.
- Orometi. The language of the Protectorate of Leset and the Worlds of The Leader, the language the defunct Empire and a common language throughout the coreward-spinward quadrant of Far Home Sector. It is derived from Bengali and other south asian languages of old Terra.
The Worlds of The Leader occupies the systems of the Krayal Trace, on the rimward-trailing edge of the Subsector. It also claims dominion over the empty interstellar space surrounding it, pushing its borders further into the region.
The Worlds of The Leader is bombastic, militaristic and expansionist and is ruled by a social elite descended from Fives. It casts itself as a center of culture and excellence with a proud history and rich and noble traditions. Public buildings are monolithic and pristine, and are bedecked with flags and banners and the symbols of The Leader. Security within the state is extremely tight and military patrols and checkpoints are commonplace. Public announcements are broadcast featuring the proclamations of The Leader and filled with anti-Mantlerist propaganda. Despite its carefully maintained public image the state is in crisis, with shortages of almost everything, including basic life support supplies, foodstuffs and fuels. The entitled and increasingly detached ruling elite, descended from Fives, find themselves at odds with the deprived and repressed masses of the Gens, who increasingly display Mantlerist leanings.
- The Vigs, the feared intelligence arm of the Worlds of The Leader, are extremely active within the Subsector. They maintain a network of informants, handlers and sympathisers and move against anybody they deem to be an enemy of the State. They are able to call on military units as required. They particularly target Mantlerist organisations or anyone suspected of having Mantlerist sympathies.
- Political and social groups within the Firstworlds provide substantial funding and support for the Worlds of The Leader. A naval treaty dating from the Scybrian Wars enables the Firstworlds to funnel "surplus" equipment to the state: all of the major fleet elements of the Armada of The Leader originate within the Firstworlds, which also subsidises their ongoing maintenance and upkeep.
The neutral systems lying on the borders of the Worlds of The Leader maintain their defenses and do their best to culture treaties and alliances that ensure their independence.
Arodir, subsector C of Far Home has 12 worlds, of which 11 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 2 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There is one High population (Hi) world, no Moderate population (Ph) worlds, four Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, two Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are three Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus no Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and no Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There is one Rich (Ri) world versus one Industrial (In) world. There are no Asteroid (As) belts, no Desert (De) worlds, one Garden (Ga) world, one Ice-capped (Ic) world, three Poor (Po) worlds, one Vacuum (Va) world, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is Krayal (Far Home 2210). The highest tech level is B at Inselm (Far Home 2310). The average technology level is 4 (with most between 0 and 7).
There are four unclaimed or unexplored systems in Arodir.
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Arodir encompasses four worlds with a population of 87 million. The highest population world is Cebua (Far Home 2407). The highest tech level is 6 at Kathis (Far Home 2006). The average technology level is 4 (with most between 2 and 5).
The Worlds of The Leader in Arodir has jurisdiction over four worlds with a population of 2 billion. The highest population world is Krayal (Far Home 2210). The highest tech level is B at Inselm (Far Home 2310). The average technology level is 7 (with most between 3 and 10).
History & Background / Dossier
Arodir Subsector saw limited activity by humans prior to the establishment of the Third Confederation, and what little development there was abruptly ended with the advent of the Dark Age, nearly two thousand years ago. Following the Renaissance period survivor worlds were recontacted, scavengers picked over the few remains that there were, and hardy pioneers looked to the empty systems and the opportunities they presented. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the so-called Golden Age and continuing with the nebulous Development Organizations: Tal Varisan Development and New Frontiers and the rise of polities.
- A strong social divide exists between wealthy and aristocratic Fives, descended from the original settlers and crew of the Last Armada, and Gens, individuals whose ancestors were grown in GenPods and raised by Hoppers.
Major Historical Events Timeline
Some of the more important historical events that have affected this area include:
- 2255AD: The Last Armada arrives in the Demon Cluster. The Seven Colonies are established. Year One.
- 2500AD: The monolithic and anti-expansionist Second Confederation is founded, incorporating a few of the Subsector's rimward systems. Arodir Subsector sees limited settlement and development.
- 3359AD: 1st Civil War begins. The worlds of the Subsector are strongly Traditionalist.
- 3398AD: 8th Civil War begins.
- 3400AD: The Vilani Scare. Fall of the Second Confederation. End of the Civil Wars. The Dissolution period.
- 3440AD: Third Confederation established.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Subsector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends. The Renaissance sees the first steps back into space.
- 4830AD: Tal Varisan Development begins sporadic commercial exploration of the Subsector.
- ca 4900AD: Golden Age. Space travel becomes relatively commonplace.
- ca 4980AD: Formation of New Frontiers Development Organization.
- ca 5000AD: A pirate coalition known as the Immortals are active, preying on New Frontiers interests.
- 5050AD: Emergence of the Empire.
- ca 5100AD: New Frontiers interests in the region bring it into conflict with the Empire.
- ca 5116AD: Tal Varisan Development merges with the worlds of the Risa Cluster to form the Firstworlds.
- ca 5300AD: The gradual fragmentation of New Frontiers leaves a number of powerful independent worlds within the region.
- 5344AD: Scybrian Wars begin.
- 5476AD: Revolution within the Empire.
- 5477AD: Collapse of the Empire. Formation of the League of Krayal.
- 5489AD: Scybrian Wars come to an end.
- 5517AD: Fall of the League of Krayal. Formation of the Worlds of The Leader.
- 5600AD: Data for Arodir Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science