|Primary||G0 V M1 V|
|Army size (BEs)||5000|
|World Trade Number||6.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||919,577|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||108,000,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||3,328,400|
Argi World has both an unbreathably very thin atmosphere and no surface water which makes habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population over one billion. The world serves as the capital for the subsector. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. This world is a satellite of a gas giant or another planet in the system. This is a high technology world with available technology over the standards for Charted Space. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Argi Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Argi, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a count and the Subsector duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships and an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography and planetology
Binary Solar System
Argi Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Argi Primary Primary Yellow G0 V Argi Companion Secondary Red M1 V
History and background
Imperial High (Landed Nobility)
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
Argi has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Meson Communicators and Pseudo Reality Communications.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Miniature super-batteries, improved collectors, and advanced Fusion+.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Argi has a Charismatic Oligarchy government.
- It is a government by a select group, organization, or class enjoying overwhelming confidence of the citizenry.
- The typical power source of this government is an Popular Oligarchy.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Hegemony .
World Law Level
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
Aakhri Empire: The planet was originally colonized by Vilani nobles during the First Imperium and retained much of their technology during the Long Night. This evolved into the Aakhri Empire which perverted the Vilani caste system into a slave based republic.
The Empire used its technology to enslave much of Argi and Sapphyre subsectors. Over the centuries they became dependent on their slaves for every aspect of their life, including military service. At the time of their collapse the planetary population was composed mainly of slaves ruled over by a small, decadent master class. The revolt when it occurred was quick and bloody. The surviving Aakhri families were forbidden to ever again hold property or position.
Most Argians are descendants of the freed slaves and the few remaining Aakhrians are only to be found in menial positions or acting as “Servicians” - prostitutes. Aakhrians can only leave Argi if they supply a MCr1 bond to “re-pay” the Argian people for their historical suffering. Most Argians (except Aakhrians) wear silver torcs encoded with their clan, occupation and status using an eight band colour code, as a reminder of their origins.
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jae Campbell. "Library Data:Argi." Signal-GK 01 (1989): 45-46. via HIWG
- Marc Miller. First Survey (Imperium Games, 1996), 82.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 32-33.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science