|No. of Stars||14|
|Majority Control||Non-aligned Human-dominated (NaHu) - 86%|
|2nd Control||Non-aligned Sophont-dominated (NaSo) - 7%|
|3rd Control||Sath exploration (SaXX) - 7%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Aredian Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Aredian system and its yellow-white subgiant star. The Outland Run Star Lane, anchored on the commercial hub at Sudi Verisia and carrying vast amounts of interstellar trade, crosses the coreward regions of the Subsector and heads to trailing, towards the isolated worlds of Course Sector. The exotic garden world of J'Lai Edur is the homeworld of the Edur. The relatively empty rimward half of the Subsector is considered to lie within the Moat Rifts.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 96 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 148 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 8 parsecs to spinward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
Population: 6.889 million Sophonts.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Other Non-Human Races:
- Edur: approximately 6.088 billion (88.38% of the population), principally on J'Lai Edur but with substantial settlements on worlds across the Subsector.
- Hoppers: an estimated 27.621 million "Distant" Hoppers (0.4% of the population) typically within human settlements. Most have never visited Fedan, their ancestral homeworld, and many have developed unique customs and habits.
- Temelik: approximately 150,000, found throughout human-controlled space.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Aredian Subsector:
- Anglish The language of the Firstworlds. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken throughout the Distant Fringe. Most people know a few words and phrases of Anglish.
- Orometi. The language of the Protectorate of Leset and the Worlds of The Leader, the language the defunct Empire and a common language throughout the coreward-spinward quadrant of Far Home Sector. It is derived from Bengali and other south asian languages of old Terra.
- Padori. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken within the Pador-Aredian cluster and common throughout the rimward half of Far Home Sector.
- Various Edur clan and family languages.
No information yet available.
Aredian, subsector L of Far Home has 14 worlds, of which 12 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 6 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There is one High population (Hi) world, one Moderate population (Ph) world, six Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, four Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are three Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus two Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and one Non-Agricultural (Na) world. There are two Rich (Ri) worlds versus no Industrial (In) worlds. There is one Asteroid (As) belt, one Desert (De) world, two Garden (Ga) worlds, one Ice-capped (Ic) world, two Poor (Po) worlds, two Vacuum (Va) worlds, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is J'Lai Edur (Far Home 3222). The highest tech level is C at Sudi Verisia (Far Home 3022). The average technology level is 6 (with most between 2 and 9).
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Aredian encompasses 13 worlds with a population of 6 billion. The highest population world is J'Lai Edur (Far Home 3222). The highest tech level is C at Sudi Verisia (Far Home 3022). The average technology level is 7 (with most between 4 and 9).
There is one unclaimed or unexplored system in Aredian.
History & Background
Aredian Subsector saw limited activity by humans prior to the establishment of the Third Confederation, and what little development there was abruptly ended with the advent of the Dark Age, nearly two thousand years ago. Following the Renaissance period survivor worlds were recontacted, scavengers picked over the few remains that there were, and hardy pioneers looked to the empty systems and the opportunities they presented. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the so-called Golden Age and continuing with the nebulous Development Organizations and the rise of polities.
- Social divides exist between wealthy and aristocratic Fives, descended from the original settlers and crew of the Last Armada, and Gens, individuals whose ancestors were grown in GenPods and raised by Hoppers, but such distinctions are generally of little importance.
Major Historical Events Timeline
Some of the more important historical events that have affected this area include:
- ca 350000BCE: Proto-Edur emerge on their homeworld.
- ca 10000 BCE: The Edur achieve spaceflight.
- ca 9700BCE: Edur civilisation collapses.
- 2255AD: The Last Armada arrives in the Demon Cluster.
- ca 2270AD: Humans first become aware of the Edur.
- 2355AD: First human-Edur contact.
- 2500AD: The monolithic and anti-expansionist Second Confederation is founded. Settlement within the Demon Cluster is restricted to its coreward regions: Aredian Subsector remains largely unexplored and unpopulated.
- ca 3000 AD: The Haven, a sanctuary for refugees fleeing the Second Confederation, is active within the Pador-Aredian Cluster. Aredian Subsector becomes an established route towards it.
- 3359AD: 1st Civil War begins. Orret Subsector is considered to be have Expansionist sympathies.
- 3398AD: 8th Civil War begins.
- 3400AD: The Vilani Scare. Fall of the Second Confederation. End of the Civil Wars. The Dissolution period.
- 3417AD: The Third Confederation is founded. Limited development within the Subsector.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Subsector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: Unusual activity in the primary star of the Demon's Eye system. The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends. The Renaissance sees the first steps back into space.
- ca 4900AD: Golden Age. Space travel becomes relatively commonplace.
- ca 4980AD: Formation of New Frontiers Development Organization.
- ca 5000AD: A pirate coalition known as the Immortals are active, preying on New Frontiers interests.
- 5013AD: Rape of Erena.
- 5014AD: Cephet Massacre.
- ca 5300AD: The gradual fragmentation of New Frontiers leaves a number of powerful independent worlds within the region.
- 5344AD: Scybrian Wars begin. Many of the worlds of Aredian Subsector profit from Padoran trade moving towards the Firstworlds.
- 5489AD: Scybrian Wars come to an end.
- 5600AD: Data for Aredian Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science