Aositaoh class Cruiser
|Aositaoh class Mercenary Cruiser|
Published, canon design.
|Type: FL Frigate|
|Passengers||48 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Aositaoh class Cruiser uses a 1,000-ton hull and is a cruiser.
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||1,000 tons. The hull is streamlined.|
|2.||Crew||The cruiser requires a crew of eight: captain/pilot, navigator, five engineers, and purser (or the female executive officer). Up to 96 other people can be carried with double occupancy; usually 10 gunners, 80 troops (2 platoons), plus 6 berths for small craft pilots, clerks or others as needed.|
|3.||Performance||Fuel tankage of 330 tons supports the power plant and provides one Jump-3.|
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a computer model/5.|
|5.||Hardpoints||The ship has ten hard points and ten tons allocated to fire control. Ten triple turrets are installed.|
|6.||Armament||The ship mounts six triple beam lasers, three triple missile racks, and one triple sandcaster.|
|7.||Defenses||One triple sandcaster.|
|8.||Craft||The ship carries a launch, two pinnaces, four ATVs, and four Air/rafts.|
|10.||Cost||The ship costs MCr575.51 (including 10% discount for standard designs).|
|11.||Construction Time||It takes 27 months to build.|
|12.||Comments||There are 54 staterooms, and no low berths.|
History & Background (Dossier)
It is built for small-scale clan troop transport and combat operations.
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Marc Miller. Dark Nebula (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science