|No. of Stars||11|
|Majority Control||Non-Aligned Human-dominated (NaHu) - 91%|
|2nd Control||Non-Aligned Unexplored - 9%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Annistu Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Annistu system and its orange giant primary star. The Wolfs Tail Star Lane passes through the extreme coreward edge of the Subsector. Its spinward-coreward regions lie in the Baradine Divide and its rimward-trailing regions are considered to lie within the Great Void – the rifts are crossed by the Liradi Trace. Annistu Subsector is an undeveloped backwater filled with relatively marginal worlds.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 110 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 145 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying approximately 13 parsecs to coreward-trailing at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
One system within Annistu Subsector remains officially unexplored as of 5600AD. It lies five parsecs from the Distant Fringe proper, within the Great Void, placing it beyond the range of conventional vessels. It is likely that governments and organisations know significantly more about it than is made available to the general public.
|0640 Far Home||Far||M8 V||D||2 Gas Giants|
- Data drawn from the DSP Listing. The listed name is the generally accepted name of the system, but it is not in any sense official.
Population: 375.39 million Sophonts.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Non-Human Races
- Hoppers: approximately 650,000 (0.2% of the population), largely concentrated within insular self-sufficient communities within established urban areas on Sal Marda. Most have never visited Fedan, their ancestral homeworld, and many have developed unique customs and habits.
- Temelik: 50,000 (less than 0.1% of the population), widely dispersed throughout human-dominated space.
- Anglish The language of the Firstworlds. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken throughout the Distant Fringe. Most people know a few words and phrases of Anglish.
- Meranto. The language of the Rimward Federation, closely related to Fleet Anglic. It is not widely spoken outside of the Pel Avena cluster – many native Meranto speakers can also speak Anglish.
- Jitsathu. A language of Halcyon Sector. It is most common in the spinward-rimward quadrant of Far Home Sector, particularly around the Wolfs Tail Star Lane.
No information yet available.
Annistu, subsector M of Far Home has 11 worlds, of which 10 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 374 million sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are no High population (Hi) worlds, one Moderate population (Ph) world, five Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, two Low population (Lo) worlds, and one Barren (Ba) world. There is one Agricultural (Ag) world versus no Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and one Non-Agricultural (Na) world. There is one Rich (Ri) world versus no Industrial (In) worlds. There are two Asteroid (As) belts, one Desert (De) world, no Garden (Ga) worlds, two Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, two Poor (Po) worlds, three Vacuum (Va) worlds, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is Sal Marda (Far Home 0535). The highest tech level is A at Nessor (Far Home 0732). The average technology level is 5 (with most between 1 and 8).
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Annistu encompasses nine worlds with a population of 374 million. The highest population world is Sal Marda (Far Home 0535). The highest tech level is A at Nessor (Far Home 0732). The average technology level is 7 (with most between 4 and 9).
There are two unclaimed or unexplored systems in Annistu.
History & Background
Annistu Subsector saw almost no activity by humans prior to the establishment of the Third Confederation, and what little development there was abruptly ended with the onset of the Dark Age, nearly two thousand years ago. Following the Renaissance period survivor worlds were recontacted, scavengers picked over the few remains that there were, and hardy pioneers looked to the empty systems and the opportunities they presented. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the so-called Golden Age and continuing with the nebulous Development Organizations and the rise of polities.
- Social divides exist between wealthy and aristocratic Fives, descended from the original settlers and crew of the Last Armada, and Gens, individuals whose ancestors were grown in GenPods and raised by Hoppers, but such distinctions are generally of little importance.
Major Historical Events Timeline:
Some of the more important historical events that have affected this area include:
- 2255AD: The Last Armada arrives in the Demon Cluster.
- 2500AD: The monolithic and anti-expansionist Second Confederation is founded. Settlement within the Demon Cluster is restricted to its coreward regions: Annistu Subsector remains unexplored and unpopulated.
- ca 3200: Very limited exploration within the rimward regions of the Demon Cluster.
- ca 3500AD: Sporadic but gradual settlement throughout the Subsector.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Subsector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends. The Renaissance sees the first steps back into space.
- ca 4900AD: Golden Age. Space travel becomes relatively commonplace.
- 4933AD: Formation of Rimward Opportunities Development Organization.
- 4950AD: Formation of Far Rim Mining, headquartered on Sal Marda.
- 5184AD: "Hollow Opportunities", following the secession of the Pel Avena Cluster from Rimward Opportunities.
- 5341AD: Destruction of Sal Marda's class A orbital starport.
- 5326AD: Loss of the Tinacu Pell within the Liradi Trace.
- 5350AD: Rimward Opportunities ("Hollow Opportunities") ceases to exist as an entity.
- 5600AD: Data for Annistu Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science