An Android is an artificially created organic being. Technically "a synthetic man, created from biological materials."
- Androids can take any form. However, most androids are built with a humanoid body plan to please the vast consumer markets of Humaniti.
- Cognitive Science / Cybertechnology (Cogno-)
Artificially created organic being. Technically "a synthetic man, created from biological materials." They exhibit life, in that they are biologically living; their distinction is that they were created, rather than having evolved.
Androids are created from a combination of cloning and genetic engineering. At tech level 14, DNA chains can be synthetically tailored to create desired characteristics, which means androids can take any form. Their general inability to reproduce results from the laws of most high-tech worlds rather than from technology.
Susceptibility to premature aging and sickness at TL-14 limits their lifespan to 10-15 years.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Best of the Journal 01
- White Dwarf - Issue 30 Androids in Traveller Apr/May 1982 Pages 10-11 in Article: A Bio-engineered Career for Traveller by Roger E. Moore
- Signal-GK 10
- HIWG CD-ROM
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science