- It is a type of lifeform.
- It is a classification of creature type.
- They are commonly known in Anglic as Blobs.
An amoeboid creature is distinguished by a number of characteristics:
- Amoebas are typically asymmetrical.
- They typically lack limbs and use pseudopods instead.
- Amoeboids typically inhabit aquatic environments.
- While most amoeba-like creatures are relatively simple and small, more complex types of amoeboid life have evolved.
Specific Species Examples
Most biologists agree that a creature should exhibit at least three of the characteristics associated with amoeboids to qualify as an amoeboid, though others set the limit at two. The term is necessarily generic.
It is relatively common for a creature to meet sufficient criteria to qualify as more than one classification of animal.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science