Amec Trade Protectorate
The Amec Trade Protectorate is classed as a cultural region within the Imperium and must acknowledge Imperial sovereignty and military policy.
- Nahuatl is the official language of the Protectorate.
History & Background (Dossier)
The South American and African descendants that colonized worlds in the Bolivar subsector rebelled against the Imperial culture, rediscovering their ancestral root.
- Through fashion, art, and music, they sought to create a separate cultural identity for themselves.
- This period of cultural awareness known historically as the Mexicatl Cultural Revolution (605 - 615), and was used by Ixtillpopoca Sanches to bind people together.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This polity is primarily located in the following areas:
Over the centuries, the Protectorate has continued to grow through trade and military endeavors to encompass a major, at the time, unaligned segment of Zeda subsector.
- Since the Imperial rules of war prevent outright military conquest, the Protectorate became expert in using internal dissent to destabilize an existing government.
- At this point, the Amec-backed rebels would invite the Protectorate to come in as a peace-keeping force.
- Once their forces were legally on-planet the rules of war no longer applied and outright military conquest began in earnest.
- While most Amec worlds have elected to change the names of their planets, the Imperium has maintained the original designations on all Imperial Surveys.
World Listing: 1116
The following worlds can be found within this entity: