Alternative Interstellar Drive Technologies
From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- All other FTL transportation methods are Alternate.
Please refer to the following AAB library data for more information:
- Jump Drive
- Hyperspace Drive based on entering a different space (AKA Hyperspace) and using conventional propulsion.
- StutterDrive is a rapidly pulsed jump drive with the jump taking microseseconds, and the jump distance only a very short distance forward - such as less than a light second. Doing this 100 times a second creates the illusion of rapid FTL movement in normal space, although doppler reflections indicate the object is at rest; thus this is a pseudo movement. Traveller2300 depends exclusively on stutterdrive.
- Teleport Drive in which the ship immediately teleports itself from one point to another, with or without passing through some kind of gate.
- Warp Drive which is based on creating a contraction of space-time around the ship, so that the speed of light can be exceeded.
This classification is based on the 'effect', not on the cause or the scientific theory behind it.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|