This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Aikhiy/Eakoi (Reaver's Deep 1634)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F9 V M7 V|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Eakoi Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
- About 40% of the population is composed of Aslan.
- The remaining 60% is composed of humans and other sophonts.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Aikhiy Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Aikhiy Primary Primary Yellow-White F9 V Aikhiy Companion Secondary Red M7 V
Primary: Eayehwo, spectral class K0V. ICN S4N0804K0V. Mass 0.825 standard. Stellar diameter 0.908 standard. Luminosity 0.42 standard.
Planetary System: One major bodies. No inhabited worlds. Two gas giant. Two planetoid belts. Aikhiy, Ilb, is a satellite of the gas giant designated Htahrew.
II Htahrew: Mean orbital radius, 104.7 million kilometers (.7 AU). Period 235.51 days. Four satellites. Diameter, 116000 kilometers. Density, 0.2 standard. Mass, 148.8 standard. A large gas giant.
IIb Aikhiy: Mean orbital radius, 1.28 million kilometers (11 radii). Period 78.9 days. No satellites. Diameter, 8346 kilometers. Density, 0.806 standard. Mass, .223 standard. Mean surface gravity, .525G. Rotation period: 51 hours, 18 minutes. Axial inclination 1°54'12.9". Albedo, 0.2. Surface atmospheric pressure less than 0.98 atm; composition, standard oxygen-nitrogen mix. Hydrographic percentage, 36%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, 32°C.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The Aikhiy system was originally explored by Aslan clan scouts and a small colony was placed on Aikhiy by the Loakhtarl clan circa -80. Never fully successful, the residents were one of the first of their colonies to succumb to the Turmoils. All that remains of the Aslan colony are a few ruins and the world names.
- After the Peace of Ftahalr, Aikhiy was settled by humans recruited by the Aikhiy Development Trust as an agricultural world for Venice (Reavers' Deep 1534) and Gralyn (Reavers' Deep 1735).
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|