Description / Specifications
The Afkhar Cluster contains 7 systems and lies within Loran Subsector in Halcyon Sector. It is named for the orange giant primary star of the Afkhar system (2112 Halcyon) and is accessible by conventional jump-1 vessels.
- Afkhar, a rich desert world with abundant natural resources.
- Denirad, the Capital of the High Senate. It has excellent shipyards and is the location of a major military base.
- Iguna, an underdeveloped backwater.
- Lon Marin, a rich agricultural garden world.
- Val Marin, a rich agricultural garden world with a thriving economy and a major military base.
- Xadis, a planetoid belt rich in mineral resources of all kinds.
- Scybria, a high population industrialised world still rebuilding after the Scybrian Wars.
History & Background
The Afkhar Cluster forms the territory of the High Senate.
The cluster was settled during the Second Confederation and formed the heartland of the Expansionist faction during the civil wars. It became the New Republic at the conclusion of that conflict and joined with the Collective of Nist to form the Grand Ascendency. Its worlds were reduced to industrial-era levels of technology by the arrival of the Voyagers and the subsequent Dark Age.
The worlds of the Cluster were quick to recover following the disappearance of the Voyagers and Scybria in particular established itself as a major power during the Renaissance period. The Cluster formed the heart of Scybrian Settlement, a Development Organization primarily concerned with the Nist Cluster and the Rissa Gateway regions. It conflicted with the interests of Outworld Development to spinward and [[Tal Varisan Development to trailing.
The Afkhar Cluster joined the Nist Cluster as the Scybrian Polyarchy in 5200AD: there were uprisings on its worlds and anti-Scybrian guerrilla movements, largely sponsored by the Corolian Jurisdicture, continued resisting the state throughout the Scybrian Wars. The Cluster suffered greatly during the later stages of the Wars and many of its worlds still bear the physical scars of that conflict. In the post-war period its member systems became the High Senate.
Worlds & Sectors / Astrography
This cluster is found in:
References & Contributors / Sources
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science